Extracurricular programs, clubs and teams are a focal point of Comox Valley International Student Program schools. International students are encouraged to join clubs and teams to increase English language learning and to make long lasting friendships. Contact the Comox Valley International Student Program for the best school placement based on your hobbies and interests.
Sport Seasons of Play
September – November
American Football – boys
Cross Country Running
Field Hockey – girls
Soccer – boys
November – March
March – June
Soccer – girls
Track and Field
Cost for Extracurricular Sports
- Ranges from $200 CAD to $1000 CAD depending on the number of tournaments a sports team enters.
Cost of Band
- Instrument rental ranges from $100 CAD to $400 CAD for a full year (September to June) student depending on the instrument.
- Participation in the senior band and senior band trip to perform in other BC schools ranges from $300 CAD to $500 CAD depending on the destination
Embark on a journey that will challenge you on a variety of different levels! EXPLORE is an integrated outdoor education program incorporating leadership, learning, and outdoor skills. It will require you to push yourself in many areas that you may not feel entirely comfortable, but through this experience you will grow. Students selected to the EXPLORE program will have numerous deliverables that require you to stretch your ability to take care of yourself and assist classmates when needed. EXPLORE is a team that relies on each other. Build memories and friendships that last a lifetime is this unique and rigorous specialized program.
The EXPLORE Outdoor Education is offer during second semester (February to June) annually at G.P. Vanier Secondary School. Contact the Comox Valley International Student Program to apply for EXPLORE Outdoor Education.
- Physical Education 11
- Outdoor Education 11
- Pre-Calculus 11
- Social Studies 11
- Biology 11
- Hypothermia, hygiene, critters
- Self and group leadership
- Pool sessions with rescue techniques
- Raising salmon, dissection of salmon, river ecology
- Outdoor cooking
- Equipment, packing, clothing, making camp
- Marine mammals
- Victoria Parliament and Museum
- Tribune Bay Outdoor Education Center (Hornby Island)
- Cape Scott backpacking
- Comox Estuary kayak day trip
- Clayoquot Sound kayaking
- Broughton Archipelago wildlife and ecology experience
Are you a competitive golfer or do you just want to learn the game? Golf is a year round sport in the Comox Valley offering you the opportunity to study and expand your golf skills. The Comox Valley International Student Program in partnership with Glacier Greens Golf Course and head professional Bill Kelly, offer a golf program to any interested international student. The golf program is offered outside of the normal school day and in addition high school golf teams offered at Mark R. Isfeld, G.P. Vanier and Highland Secondary Schools. Contact the Comox Valley International Student Program for golf program fees and to apply.